Saturday, April 12, 2014

Kitchen Counters

chalkboard paint kitchen counters

I never could work up the willpower to paint my countertops black and seal them with poly resin poured finished.  I did latch on to the idea of painting them with chalkboard paint.

The surface had already been worn away after 20 years of scrubbing.  I lightly sanded them and painted away.

chalkboard paint kitchen counters

Three coats later and I am happy to say that I love the flat, dull finish of the paint.  It does scratch off so I am keeping the can of paint in my cupboard.  I’m hoping that with time it will cure to a much more durable finish. 

chalkboard paint kitchen counters

 

I’m happy that in a couple of years I gave myself a new kitchen for little money! 

Before

kitchen before

After

chalkboard paint kitchen counters

If you like this you may also enjoy:

Kitchen Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment