Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Year of the Cozies

locker hooking, kindle cover, locker hooking pattern, sheep pattern
The one year I make all of my loved ones knitted gifts coincides with FedEx producing a snarky commercial about Nana knitting cozies.  I fell into factory mode around August knitting my grandson a sweater and it blossomed into a gift making frenzy from there with plenty of giggling from my family when the commercial started airing.  Five scarves, one shawl, five kindle cozies and three felted purses.  I’m in a rush to start and finish one more kindle cover by Wednesday for my daughter in-law.
The Kindle covers are made using a method called locker hooking with a great tutorial from here.  I had some design ideas I wanted to use from a few Fair Isle patterns that I found on Ravelry.  The process is enjoyable and depending on how you stitch your design there are a lot of different ways to achieve the same goal.
locker hooking kindle cover
locker hooking kindle cover
locker hooking, kindle cover, locker hooking pattern, sheep pattern
locker hooking kindle cover
Locker hooked fabric is for making rugs and the result is a light weight, cushioned material great for protecting electronic items.
locker hooking kindle cover
locker hooking, kindle cover, locker hooking pattern, sheep pattern
locker hooking, kindle cover, locker hooking pattern, sheep pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment