Saturday, June 1, 2013

Big Box Update

smelling lavender
I’ve had a few years now to find what works best in the big raised box we put in a few years ago.  Plants that do the best are ones that can take direct sun.  The lavender has really found a home around the bird bath.  My roses are doing well.  They never really quit blooming and since I hate to prune back when there are blooms they have become a bit leggy.  This year I am going to try and prune as I go to get them to fill out some more.  I’m hoping that with using the Bayer all purpose feed that they will take the shock of it well.
raised garden bed
I added some Delphiniums this year to try and break up all of the green.  The green in the lower areas is Apple Mint.  It really fills out the area nicely and helps keep the weeds down.  It makes it very pleasant to work in the box due to the smell.
raised garden bed
I had added some Pansies this last winter so there would be some more color.  They are still doing well so I just added some Impatiens to keep things filled out.  It  is really hard to get a good picture because of the size of this box.  I still really love it and it is one of the best projects we have completed in the yard.





raised garden bed

If you like this post you may also like:
Gardening-The Big Box Build
New Trellis
Comments are appreciated and welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment