Friday, March 15, 2013

Organizing with Cameo Silhouette

While shopping for supplies at Home Depot I came across a sweet deal for a tool chest.  I have been pricing them to store my art supplies and had been on the fence about purchasing one or making do with storage I already have.  I could not pass up a sale of $150 for a stainless steel one. 
After tearing apart my workspace and loading my new treasure up I couldn’t resist making up some labels for my drawers with my Cameo.  They are much needed as I sometimes organize myself out of being able to remember where I have put my stuff.  My Dynamo labeler just didn’t seem up to par for such a nice chest.

It was a challenge getting the vinyl to initially stick to the stainless steel-it wanted to stay on the transfer paper.  I had to very carefully use a rolling technique along with some tweezers to insure the vinyl would come off correctly.  I doubled my insurance by going over all of it and making sure it was sticking.  So far so good.
I also had to dress it up a bit with some more vinyl.



I’m very happy with my purchase, and fluffing it up was well worth the time spent doing it.  At that price I really hate to have just one, when two would be the storage space of my dreams.  Keeping my fingers crossed that there is still one left for sale.


 
If you enjoyed this post you may also like:
current-obsession

No comments:

Post a Comment