Friday, October 12, 2012

SparkPeople vs Weight Watcher Online

Currently I am doing both programs.  I started with Weight Watchers-a program I happen to like.  I first started WW when they had implemented the flex point program.  I did lose weight, but it wasn’t enough to get past the tedium of figuring out points and logging them.  Fast forward to now.  I rejoined WW because of my cholesterol levels and my high resistance to taking drugs to reduce my numbers. They are now using what they call the points plus system.  Fruits and vegetables are “free”, and the points are based on carbs, fat, protein and fiber grams.  It’s a good system, and it has been working.
I noticed a high volume of complaints of people unhappy with the new system.  It wasn’t working for them, they were gaining weight, rumors that the plan would once again change in December.  I also noticed where SparkPeople was mentioned and checked them out.  I have to say that I was very impressed.  Their software will track calories, fat, protein, carbs, folate AND cholesterol! chol Their system automatically adjusted for the current recommendations, but you can manipulate the system if you are wanting to follow a high protein low carb diet-or whatever your program of choice is.
Both programs have a lot to offer, and I am not familiar with all of their features because I do not use all of them like mobile devices.
At this point I’m favoring sparkpeople.  It’s free.  The website is heavy with ads, but I haven’t had an issue with pages loading or lag time. I like the breakdown of what I’m putting into my body from them.  Their pie chart report resonates with me more than the typical graph chart offered by both sites. pie I spend less time food logging with sparkpeople than point logging.  I think the online log for sparkpeople surpasses that of ww.  There is a long lag time for the popup window for ww each time I log on.  With both sites I have learned that you need to double check what other members have put in the system as far as nutrition information.  I’m not a fan of either site’s recipe builders.  It is time consuming to get it right. I prefer sparkpeople’s food groupings over ww  meals.  I like not having to figure out points or remember them.  It’s far easier just to look up the nutrition information and know first hand the breakdown.  If you are looking for a way to track and journal nutrition and fitness I would highly suggest checking out sparkpeople before paying for the Weight Watcher’s program.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this
    blog loading? I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's
    the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.


    Here is my website - banc de swiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are having problems-everything loads fine on my end.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and
    I am waiting for your next post thank you once again.


    Here is my web-site :: b ostermann

    ReplyDelete