Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finally!

016
































I finally finished the drum shade for my light fixture in the kitchen.  I came across several good tutorials, but if I had to do it over again I would definitely change things up.  The best thing I came across was to use a wooden embroidery hoop-brilliant!  All of the tutorials used poster board for lining-I don’t think it is necessary.  I think the best approach is to simply glue the hoop together-knock off the clamp used to tighten the hoop and attach the fabric.  The weight of the fabric and the bottom hoop will hold the shade in place.  I opted for plastic grid that is used for some types of embroidery.  I ended up cutting that out because I felt it was too much of a fire hazard and the shade ended up looking better as a result.  I am satisfied with the ending result-especially after looking at the prices of these things online.  Three eyehooks and some chain and my own drum shade for the fraction of the cost!
015

No comments:

Post a Comment