Saturday, May 5, 2012

Time On My Hands

I am currently taking an art journal class online and a great art technique class that is also online.  After a discussion with my husband about having too much time on my hands it was suggested that maybe I should take a class...or something.  Ahem.  I'm not one for getting out of the house much.  I am a dedicated homebody.  Online appeals to me, especially anything to do with art.

Kathryn and my new grandson Finley
I have found myself a little at loose ends for a couple (four) years now.  I'm a new grandma to boot, and sadly he lives on the other side of the country.  I'm thankful for a daughter- in-law who faithfully posts pictures and videos on Facebook.

I haven't been faithful to God much lately either.  I've been going to weekly bible studies to jump start me back on track.
I'm tired of being restless with no focus.

I had a part time job for three years.  I worked as a courier for a local hospital system.  I really loved the job for the most part.  I had the best boss I have ever had and great co-workers.  It was classified as PRN-hospital lingo for as needed.  I filled in for four other couriers when they took time off.  I thought at the time it would be a great first job back into the workforce.  I loved the feeling of playing hooky.  When I was working I was playing hooky from home and when I was home I was playing hooky from my job.  As things have been going everywhere else with this economy there was some downsizing also going on there.  My boss lost her position as a manager, as well as one of the full time couriers.  It became a stressful environment to work in, especially since I didn't know what was going on most of the time.  My old boss still works there and I know she is happy to be out of management.  I really need to go back and visit with everyone.  I thought it would be best to quit and focus on finding a full time job.  It just didn't happen.  I felt lucky to go on a couple of interviews.

That was a year ago.  After failing to find any job I once again put the focus back on my family.

He's growing up quick!
I'm hoping by taking this new class, focusing on God and starting this blog I can find my balance again.  I had a preacher tell me once that the older you get the faster time flies.  I'm finding that this is a true statement.  With one out of the house, one in high school and my youngest in middle school I have a feeling that grand baby of mine is going to be grown up before I see him again.  It's time for me to not have so much time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment